Friday, October 08, 2004

Jeremiah 9

Jeremiah 9 is on the plate for today.

"See, I will refine and test them,
for what else can I do
because of the sin of my people?
8 Their tongue is a deadly arrow;
it speaks with deceit.
With his mouth each speaks cordially to his neighbor,
but in his heart he sets a trap for him.
9 Should I not punish them for this?"
declares the LORD .
"Should I not avenge myself
on such a nation as this?"

God is pondering our fate here. He knows we have sinned, disobeyed him, stung him deep. What would you do in His position?
Then, we hear of His decision;
16 I will scatter them among nations that neither they nor their fathers have known, and I will pursue them with the sword until I have destroyed them."

And:
22 Say, "This is what the LORD declares:

" 'The dead bodies of men will lie
like refuse on the open field,
like cut grain behind the reaper,
with no one to gather them.' "

23 This is what the LORD says:

"Let not the wise man boast of his wisdom
or the strong man boast of his strength
or the rich man boast of his riches,
24 but let him who boasts boast about this:
that he understands and knows me,
that I am the LORD , who exercises kindness,
justice and righteousness on earth,
for in these I delight,"
declares the LORD .

25 "The days are coming," declares the LORD , "when I will punish all who are circumcised only in the flesh- 26 Egypt, Judah, Edom, Ammon, Moab and all who live in the desert in distant places. [4] For all these nations are really uncircumcised, and even the whole house of Israel is uncircumcised in heart."

The Lord will show all of the sinners that He is the True God. He will flex his muscles. They will cower before Him.



Search Engine Submission and Internet Marketing Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com